SnapShell® ID Reader Camera Solution
The SnapShell® camera scanner is a revolutionary new id reader for capturing driver’s
license information quickly and accurately.
The SnapShell® uses a 3 mega-pixel camera built into its base to “snap“ high quality digital images of ID cards (up to 600 dpi).
The easy-to-use SnapShell® scanner uses a USB 2.0 connection and features no moving parts while requiring no calibration, making it a low maintenance solution that allows users to simply place their card face down on the window and letting the id reader system to do the rest.
SnapShell® is NOT TWAIN compatible.
Features and Benefits of SnapShell® ID reader
- Easy plug and play installation.
- Low maintenance - no calibration.
- Low wear and tear - no mechanical moving parts.
- Excellent picture resolution - 600dpi true color.
- Fast processing time - 2-3 seconds.
- Optical Ultra Violet authentication option is available upon special order.
- Infrared authentication.
- Optional state-of-the-art ID authentication.
- Easy integration of authentication technologies.
- Variety of models and software packages.
12 Month Warranty Included
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
The SnapShell’s innovative geometric design features a small footprint that makes this id reader tool a convenient desktop tool while its easy integration into kiosks provides a time- and cost effective means of automated information collection.
Software enhancementsWith our variety of software packages and development tools you can:
- Read OCR of driver′s licenses and ID cards of all 50 US states and over 45 countries around the world
- Read 1D and PDF 417 2D barcodes
- Read business cards
- Integrate SnapShell and software features into 3rd party applications
- Authenticate validity of driver's licenses using legacy Infrared technology
- Optical Ultra Violet (upon special order) and Infrared authentication
- Authenticate driver's licenses using state-of-the-art id reader technology
The id reader can come bundled with our idScan® or Scanshell.net® modular software, or can be used with an SDK for smooth integration into 3rd party software.