Acuant complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. Acuant has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Acuant’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor
SecurityYour browser and our secure server encrypt confidential information during transmission, ensuring that transactions stay private and protected. Once information is collected by Acuant, we take reasonable precautions to protect personal information in our possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We store your billing and shipping address, invoices and order history in our customer relationship management (“CRM”) database. We may purge customer information from our CRM database if we are no longer doing business with the customer.
Use of Your Personal InformationWe do not sell or rent our customers’ information (including personally identifiable information) to any third party under any circumstances. We do not reveal your email address or other personal information except as required to complete transactions with our third-party suppliers. In such cases, we provide only the information required to complete the transaction. By contract, the third party is prohibited from selling, renting or sharing this information.
During our order process, we ask you to provide us with contact and billing information, such as name, billing address, shipping address, email address, telephone number and a valid credit card number. We use this information to verify your account when you place an order, to deliver your order and to bill you for the product and services provided.
Your billing information and credit card transaction is processed through a third party gateway called Transnational Gateway. Your payment information is stored by Transnational in a secured vault where the digits of your credit card are masked for additional security. Acuant does not store any of your financial data on our servers.
If you provide us with your email address, and opt to be on our mailing list, we will occasionally send you an email with recommendations or notices of new products and prices.
We also send emails to keep you informed of your order status.
MinorsYou should be at least thirteen (13) years of age to use our web site. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from minors under the age of thirteen (13). We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage, so that we can verify that minors under the age of thirteen (13) are not using our web site. In the event that it comes to our knowledge that a person under the age of thirteen (13) is using the web site, we will prohibit and block such user from accessing the web site and will make all efforts to promptly delete any personal information with regard to such user.
Sharing Information with OthersWe may share personal information collected through our web site with others in any of the following cases:
- If we believe that we are required by law to disclose your information, we may share your information with law enforcement or other competent authorities and any third party, as may be required (e.g. to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; to respond to claims or satisfy any legal process, subpoena, or governmental request; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Acuant, its partners, users of the web site or the Company’s technology or the general public);
- In the event Acuant goes through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, consolidation, change of control, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your information will be among the assets transferred. In such event, the recipient of your personal information will undertake to use at least the same safeguards to protect your personal information as Acuant does so that your personal information will continue to be protected with the same safeguards as before;
Safe HarborIn accordance with our commitment to protect personal privacy, Acuant Inc. adheres to the principles of the Safe Harbor Framework as developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce in consultation with the European Commission and has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement.
The United States Department of Commerce and the European Commission have agreed on a set of data protection principles (the "U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Principles") and frequently asked questions (collectively the “U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework”) to enable U.S. companies to satisfy the requirement under European Union law that adequate protection be given to personal information transferred from the EU to the United States. The EEA also has recognized the U.S. Safe Harbor as providing adequate data protection.
DisputesAny questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of personal information should be directed to Acuant at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding the use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this Policy. For complaints that cannot be resolved between Acuant and the complainant, the Company has agreed to participate in the dispute resolution procedures of the PrivacyTrust pursuant to the Safe Harbor Principles.
6167 Bristol Parkway, Suite 330
Culver City, CA 90230
Credit Cards"Acuant" accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Current billing address and phone information must be included with every order. Billing information must be verifiable with the issuing bank. If this information cannot be verified with the bank, the order will be cancelled.
We no longer accept credit card charges in excess of $10,000.00. Alternative payment forms are accepted such as ACH Transfers and Payment Terms. In order to be set-up for these alternate forms of payment please contact email@example.com or call us at (213) 867-2625.
Credit Card SecurityPersons who commit fraudulent activity will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Web browsers transmit a unique address that can be used by law enforcement officials to identify fraudulent activity. Both the FBI and the US Secret Service are responsible for investigating Internet fraud cases.
Fraudulent information will be provided to the issuing bank, shipping carriers, and networked with our business partners.
Sales TaxSales tax applies for orders that are shipped to the state of California, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Florida, Kentucky and Nevada. No additional charges will be applied to the listed prices except for the shipping and handling costs for orders not shipped to California, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Florida, Kentucky or Nevada. On international orders, additional taxes or duties may be charged for some countries by Fedex or local authorities, which are at the customer responsibility.
- We use the services of premium carriers (UPS, FedEx, USPS).
- Our delivery options are Ground, 2nd day Air, 3 days Select, Overnight,and international.
- All of our products are always in stock (unless specifically noted).
- Delivery times are stated in business days, and do not include order processing times.
- Ground: 5-7 business days (not counting shipping day)
- 2nd day Air: 2 business days (not counting shipping day)
- 3 days Select 3 business days (not counting shipping day)
- Overnight: Next day for orders accepted Monday through Thursday before 11:00AM PST
- Overnight orders accepted after 11:00AM pacific time will be shipped on the next day
- Overnight Orders Accepted on Friday before 11:00AM, will be delivered on Monday
- International: Fedex International priority 4-5 business days
InsuranceAll deliveries are insured and guaranteed against loss, theft and damage. If you should experience any freight damage, please submit a request.
OverdueDeliveries can be expected by combining order processing time and shipping time.
Order Processing TimeOur efficient processing system enables us to ship most of the orders the same day or within one business day. Delays to the above are expected for weekend orders. We ship Monday through Friday.
Destinations and International OrdersWe ship to the continental United States. In addition, we ship to almost every country in the world.
Billing to an International AddressYour billing information must be the same as listed for you by your credit card provider. We accept foreign billing addresses, but we may require (in rare cases) additional documentation prior to shipping your first order. We may ask to have a faxed copy of your passport or drivers license, along with a copy of either your credit card billing statement, or a copy of the credit card you will be using.
International Shipping MethodWe use Fedex International Priority. For some countries additional taxes or duties may be charged by Fedex or local authorities and are the responsibility of the customer.
WarrantiesWe will replace defective products for up to 1 year from purchase date.
- 30 day money back applies to orders by end-user with number of units under 10.
- 30 day money back exclude shipping and handling fees.
- Orders greater than 10 units will be subjected to restocking fees.
- Resellers have 30 days to return or exchange their units. A fee of 25% will be charged for unopened items (restocking fee). Open items may be rejected.
- Anything outside of the above guidelines requires approval.